Wednesday 23 November 2016

It's not always Peaches and Cream

November 14, 2016

Hello to all my family and friends! Hope you all had a great week. It has been a great week of learning and growing. I wrote a lot in my journal this week too which I am very happy about. I am really pushing to do that more. I'm sure you are all wondering what in the world the title means, well let me tell you. About a month ago I heard a conversion story where the speaker kept using the phrase "it's not all peaches and cream." I found that phrase very entertaining but over the past couple weeks I have been pondering the phrase quite a bit. This has been another difficult week of work, with no new investigators again. Just can't find them. With this phrase though I thought about how delicious something like Peaches and Cream sounds, and then why I would know that. Things like that are only delicious if you know what something that isn't quite so tastes like. The larger the contrast, the sweater the delicious food would taste. You have to know the bad so you can know the good. Looking at me, I have been raised and (for the most part) like getting the hard part out of the way first. My life has shown me that this principle is one that Heavenly Father likes to use with me. He has me go through the hard first, and in the end all is well, usually more than well. I have to first show that I am worthy to receive the blessings. I have to work hard through the things that I would find very hard before I can be blessed with the things that I desire most. I have to come close to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ first. Although it is not always Peaches and Cream, we will always get to have the Peaches and Cream.

This week I did some fun things.

Monday we helped the Zappes move out of our ward. Sister Chestnut gave us permission to help them since they are active members and normally we can't do service for them. They were a senior couple that served in mission office for 25 months! They were doing a stay at home mission and needed to stay an extra month and they were really helpful. I also got to play some tennis which was super great.

On Tuesday I had a really neat experience. We were having Zone training and someone mentioned something about the Spirit. I just started looking around the room and just wondered, "is the Spirit really here?" I was wondering if it really is there with us. I felt this small, but powerful feeling and had the thought "Yes, I am here." I felt that He is with me in this work helping me even though it is hard.

Wednesday I went on exchanges with the Spanish Elder's and almost fell asleep in a lesson because it was 8:30pm and I couldn't understand a thing because it was all in spanish. Haha.

Thursday we had most of our lesson cancel expect for one less active lady named Jimmie. She is great and we are helping her want to come back to church. She does want to and as we keep encouraging her we think she will!

Friday was Zone conference and we got to learn about record keeping from the Assistants, table utensil placement and manners from Sister Chestnut, and about the sacrament and better Sabbath Day observance as well as things about the Atonement from President Chestnut. He also wants us to cut down on mission slang. At the end of the conference I went to thank him for his training and he thanked me for being a lifter in the mission. :D

Saturday we had 6 hours of service. 3 raking leaves. It was fun. Sunday we had George one of our investigators drive us to church with his kids. He liked it. It was the primary program. Who doesn't like the primary program?

I want to close with my testimony that God is our Loving Heavenly Father. He is the literal Father of our Spirits and He loves us perfectly. He wants us to be happy and as we come to Him and follow His Son we can be blessed forever!

Love you all!

Elder Kynan Sorochan


 Cool fire car!


 Me and Elder Hadley at a dinner appointment


This is Elder and Sister Hammond. They are a Senior Couple that works in the mission office and they are amazing! I love these two. Elder Hammond is our vehicle coordinator and Sister Hammond is our mission nurse and referral coordinator. They leave at the end of December, and I will miss them. They have been so wonderful and helpful. Took this at Zone Conference.
 I'm in a sombrero!


Me and Elder Hadley at Zone conference


No comments:

Post a Comment