Thursday 8 December 2016

The Lord will always provide a way

December 5, 2016

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all having a good week! It was a pretty calm week. Transfers came and went with not a lot of changes for our companionship but lots in the Zone. First off the Sparks West and East Zones have now been combined. Elder Latham for those of you who remember him is now my zone leader again and Elder Jones is now in my district. He and Elder Anderson got double transferred into 2 wards. How amazing is that? It is going to be a fun transfer with the new zone.

This week we had a lot of good less active work. We had 3 less actives come to church that had not been in a very long time. One of them, Jimmie, we have been inviting for awhile. She really wants to come and she finally did! And she bore her testimony for the first time in 20 years! It was so great to see. Sis. Punzalan another we are working with came which is really good for me actually. In our lesson this last week she told us she is scared she won't keep her job in the new year when her contract needs to be renewed, and I felt a small prompting to promise her that if she would come to church every week she would keep her job. It felt kinda scary to do it, but I did and so far so good!

So far in my mission, finding has been very hard. I just can't seem to find people to teach. It has now become like English class. I do it because they tell me to, but I don't put in all that I could and I don't always enjoy it. I want to change this, but it is very hard with all that I have experienced so far. I decided that yesterday I would fast for the courage, faith, and enthusiasm to find people to teach. That night I learned something profound. In 1 Nephi 3:7 it talks about how God will always provide away for us to accomplish His commandments. I likened that to now. Heavenly Father knows where He has put me in this mission and what would happen with my attitude with finding. He knew that would happen. He also knows how to get me out of it, and I know that He will help me and show me the way to do a better job at finding. He will one day bless me with greater success in this area, just like He will with everything else. Nothing will ever be perfect, but I know that He has a perfect plan to make all things better and greater!

I love my God and I love my Savior. They truly make everything possible. Love you all and until next week, have a very merry Christmas Season!

Elder Kynan Sorochan


 Elder LaBrum - We went on exchanges

 Sparks West Zone

 Chicken and waffles

 Tostados

Raking leaves


No comments:

Post a Comment