Sunday 10 December 2017

Light the World!

December 4, 2017

Hello yall! This week was sweet let me tell ya! First off we finally contacted for real our media referral Kandy. She lives out in the middle of no where. We had a ton of extra miles at the end of the month (don't tell the zone leaders) so we figured we would use them up and go contact Kandy. Turns out you either have to go through Lemon Valley (which is out of Zone) or through this Indian Reservation with crazy dirt Roads. We have a Corrolla so we weren't sure whether to proceed so we prayed, didn't feel like we shouldn't, and went. Well, we made it the whole way and back and contacted Kandy! There are 11 dogs at the ranch she is at and a couple of Mastiffs. The only reason she came out and saw us was because dogs bark, for which I am very grateful. She isn't the golden catch we were told she was but she will go to church out in Lemon Valley because it is closer than our church building so that's good. One day she will be baptized!

I went on 2 exchanges this week. One with Elder Renninger and on it we got lost in the dark and couldn't find our car for at least 20 minutes it was really funny we were pretty late to our next appointment. They are super chill though so it was all good. The next was with Elder Maiava but the Zone leaders has a meeting and since they live right next to Elder Maiava they dropped off Elder Hambrecht whom they are training with us and we had a very fun day!

Saturday was the best day! For those of you who remember Yvonne she got baptized about a month after I left Vintage Hills. Well she has a daughter Maria who just recently turned 8. Due to a series of events Yvonne asked me to baptize Maria! It was so awesome! It was a shock too I did not see it coming but it was a huge blessing and I was very happy to do it. It was so neat. Maria is really short too I (jokingly) almost needed to kneel down to baptize her.

The Christmas devotional was awesome too! I loved what President Uchtdorf said about how we need to Love others as Christ did. To paraphrase he said although we will fail in doing it perfectly, that doesn't mean we still shouldn't try! That impacted me a lot. I fail a ton with loving others as Christ does, but I still should at least try. I will keep trying with everything I've got! Love you all!

Elder Sorochan

PS go to mormon.org and watch and participate in "Light the World".


 9 square with the Zone

 Should we risk it?

 Cows!

 Exchanges

 Exchanges

 Football







 Maria's baptism!

 Zone Volleyball



No comments:

Post a Comment