Saturday 7 April 2018

A new era of missionary work!

April 2, 2018

Well everyone I'm back! This week was weird and I'll tell ya why!

Monday was pretty normal. I almost twisted my ankle AGAIN but that shouldn't surprise anyone. I have a hard time being careful. It's ok though. It didn't because of the exercises I've been doing or at least that's what I'm sticking with! We also had lunch at Costa Vida and got 70% off!!!!!!!!!!! I love being a missionary. We also had a solid active member lesson with the Steimle's where we taught part of the restoration and help set goals of some things they could do to be a missionary to people they know. They all participated and are set to go!

Tuesday was our last day with a flip phone. I do not miss it I do not miss it I do not miss it. Don't get me wrong, I was super grateful to have a phone, but there was so much that was just tedious and slow with it that I will not miss it so far as the quality of phone goes.

Wednesday two things happened. We got our smart phones. I get a loaner one due to time but it is nice! We both have a phone but only one has a sim card. The other is just kind of a tablet. Our whole zone conference was on it so that was both fun and tiring. Lots of video's. I played the piano again and something cool happened. The closing hymn was 246 onward christian soldiers and while playing I felt inspired to stop playing for the last verse and have all of us just sing. I did it and President apparently when we got to it I found out later was going to lower his book and ask me to stop playing. Inspiration is cool! That night we also had a sweet new member lesson with Andrew and Chloe. They are so solid and we had an awesome discussion about prophets and the priesthood. One of the members we brought had never been out with missionaries before apparently and she killed it! She needs to go with us more.

Thursday we helped at Davis creek and was actually the day we met with Andrew and Chloe, not Wednesday! APRIL FOOLS

Friday we went to the hospital and visited a member that has been in there since December! Helped Mark which was fun.

Conference was amazing! I loved it so much! I felt great power during the solemn assembly. I already new President Nelson was a prophet, but that just gave it more power! I learned so much and gained some good direction as to where to go forward in my life of studying the gospel.

Love you all!

Elder Sorochan


No comments:

Post a Comment