Sunday 1 April 2018

Goooood Burger

March 26, 2018

Hey everyone! I hope yalls week has been as good as mine. Sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the show!

Monday was a good day. Elder Casablanca and I didn't have dinner because the member who was supposed to feed us became unavailable so they gave us some money. When this happens you naturally have to go to Red Robin. Naturally with money from someone else we get one of their fancy burgers and oh my goodness it was amazing. Best burger I have ever had from there. That night not too much happened. We just did some normal stuff.

Tuesday was such a good day. In district meeting we did this activity for teaching by the Spirit where we thought about our companions and shared something we felt prompted that they could need to hear. We had to focus on the charity we have for them. Elder Casablanca I know was inspired when he shared his bit with me and that he cares about me. He shared the scripture about where Christ talks about considering the lilies. He said I've been doing good at not worrying about things, but there are times where things bug me, and he helped me see how I could improve on this area of my life. I was really grateful for his worthiness to have the Spirit! That night we also had a super good talk with the Foothill ward mission leader Brother Castiblanco. He is so funny. His nickname for me is El Pollo Loco. My first dinner there the spanish elders were there too because the Castiblanco's are from Columbia. They were all speaking in spanish. I can pick out a word here and there I know and at one point I heard loco. I thought I would try and chip in so I said, no, pollo loco. Everyone laughed really hard at that so I was happy. Well turned out they had been talking about me so I then became Elder Pollo Loco. (down here there is a fast food chain called El Pollo Loco so that's where the name comes from)

Wednesday we had dinner with Andrew and Chloe. Andrew made it which is apparently risky since he has never made anything that tastes good but with some help from his brother Dakota who is a really good cook it worked out great! Chloe ordered pizza just in case though XD Then we watched the restoration video with them and it went really great. Then a member fixed Elder Casablanca's bike!

Thursday we had interviews. Presidents and mine was longer since it's my last. We talked about a lot of things. He helped me understand how to transition, to date, and we went over school stuff too. He committed me to all the things we commit people to do.

Friday we had dinner with a member family and non member and it went super well. We got to explain what the book of Mormon is. Saturday was exchanges with Elder Tolbert. We are becoming really good friends I love that Elder! We even got to attend a baptism and a less active just opened up a ton on the porch at one house.

That's it for now. Love yall!

Elder Sorochan



No comments:

Post a Comment