Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy Christmas

December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It was a very fun Christmas! I sent a few pictures and will send more next week. Thank you to everyone who sent me cards and treats! I will thank you all specifically next week when I have a chance to go through everything at our apartment. All our stuff is at a members right now since you can't carry much on a bike. Ok onto the week.

Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with Elder Anderson, Elder Jones's Companion. We got to teach the Carters again. We read out of Mosiah 2 to help them read the Book of Mormon more. They are doing a better job at reading, but not every day yet. It will come!

Ok lets talk about Christmas. Saturday morning we got permission to go caroling with a family in our ward to a seniors home just outside our area. It was fun. There wasn't a lot of seniors where we were, but those that were there had a really fun time. It was so nice to see their smiling faces! In the afternoon we had some weekly planning to finish up then we went and did some service at Ricky and Davids cleaning and helping to paint a bathroom. Then we went to Jimmie's for dinner! It was so fun! I had taco's since they were doing a mexican food night, themeing it Feliz Navidad! Haha. :D I really like tacos. We had to leave dinner early because it happened at 4, and we are only allowed dinner for an hour. We ended up leaving at 5:15 since dinner wasn't ready when we got over there, but we got out as soon as we could. Normally proselyting ends at 9, but because of Christmas eve it ended at 6. Then after 6 we could go back to Jimmie's till latest 9. We played a game liars, had cheesecake, and read the Christmas story! It was a really fun night.

On Christmas we got up as usual and did our studies. Bishop Cocanour came and picked us up since we were skyping at his house. It was so great and emotional skyping. I had a wonderful time talking with my family and at the end I bore my testimony to them. After we hung out and I opened the rest of my presents. When the time came we went to church. We had a wonderful meeting and I even got to play Still Still Still by John Schmidt. One of my sticky notes made two pages stick together, so instead of helping me turn the pages, the sticky note made me stop and fix the pages! It was great otherwise. We then went to the Humphry's for dinner. It was really tasty. It was just the 4 of us, my companion and brother and sister Humphry's. It was nice and relaxing. I very much enjoyed it. We then went caroling with the other missionaries and had a testimony meeting.

I love this time of year. The Savior lives everyone! He is real. He truly did what the prophets say He did. He is always there for us, and we can overcome anything because He lives! Let Him light your world as He lights and powers mine!

I love you all! Merry Christmas! Love you Mom, Dad, and Anna!

Elder Kynan Sorochan

 Caroling on Christmas eve


 Caroling on Christmas eve


 Christmas dinner


 Christmas dinner with the Humphreys


The mini drone Cocanours got me for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment