Sunday 22 January 2017

Repent

January 16, 2017

Hey everyone this was a powerful week. I have a new companion named Elder Williams. He is from Riverton Utah. He has been out for about 16 months now and is a powerhouse. It is great to be his companion and it is really helping this area. You really never know what your doing, but he has more of an idea than I do and it is helping.

Ok so I really did not do a good job preparing for this email this week so it is going to be short, but it will be cool.

This last Saturday we had for the first time in Nevada Reno Mission history a mission wide conference. The mission has never been gathered all together before. The occasion? Elder Larkin, an area seventy, Elder Pearson, a general authority seventy, and Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the quorum of the twelve apostles came to our mission. We met in Reno and all gathered in the chapel. It was an amazing meeting. It was only for 2 hours, but Elder Christofferson ended up getting about 1 hour and 20 minutes of it which was awesome. When he got up and started talking, he had us stand up and stretch, and then said it would be a question and answer period. It was incredibly powerful. I got to ask him a question too. I asked "As missionaries we need the Holy Ghost to teach, so what do we need to do individually and maybe as a mission to have the Spirit with us more?" He is fun to talk with because he half the time starts with a little witty response. His witty answer was almost immediately "Repent." He then turned to the seventies there and asked if he was right. They said yes, but then he gave me a Spirit guided answer. I will give my notes on the answer next week. It was funny and I laughed. Not everyday you get rebuked by an Apostle. Good thing I do repent right? It was such a powerful meeting, and I will share my thoughts and impressions next week. Love you all!

Elder Sorochan



No comments:

Post a Comment