Friday 7 April 2017

Elko here we come!

April 3, 2017

Hello Friends and Family! It is so nice to be emailing you all again. Hope you liked last week's long email because this week will be tiny. I wish it wasn't but I have no time. I am getting transferred and there was lots to take care of and do so this week will have to suffer unfortunately. I will repent next week I promise.

My time in Vintage Hills has come to an end. 4 transfers here and 2 companions. It has been a really fun ride. I have really come to love the people here in Sparks. The Vintage Hills ward is amazing and the members here are just the best! They have done so much for me and given me many wonderful memories. From Christmas at the Cocanour's and the Humphry's to dinners at the Smith's to getting rides all the time from Bro. Moss and lessons with Yvonne, Jimmie, and the Carters, it has been really fun.

I am now going to be transferred to the Elko 4th Ward in Elko Nevada. I'm going on an East side trip where there are a lot of miners and the members are amazing. I am in a really big ward. My new companion will be Elder Clark from Cottonwood Heights Utah. He is a big guy and I've heard he is pretty easy going. He is a newer missionary so it should be fun to work hard together with him!

This past General Conference was spectacular. I will list my favorite talks. Both of President Uchtdorf's, the one from the general sessions and priesthood session. Elder Eyring's Priesthood session, Elder Rasband's, Elder Oaks, Elder Stevensen's,and of course the Prophet Thomas S. Monson's talk. It was great and I will share more on what I learned next week.

Again apologies. I love you all and hope you are doing great. My email will be on Tuesday next week because on Monday we are being visited by Elder Neilsen of the seventy for a mission tour.

Love you!

Elder Kynan Sorochan


My 10 ounce burger, fries, and a shake. I ate it all in one sitting. It was yummy but not fun :D


 The Carters


 The curling team is formed!



 Elder Williams signing of the companionship jersey







Baked Bear ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment