Saturday 3 March 2018

Awkward

February 26, 2018

Hello everyone! This week was yet another great one. The weather has been bad for Nevada standards but to me it's nothing. I have been acclimatizing so I'm feeling the cold at -7 to +5 so that's not great but oh well. I had an embarrassing moment on Sunday. We had ward conferences in both wards so we had church from 9 to 4 and had linger longers after both. In foothills I was talking to Sister Naylor who is feeding us on Wednesday about dinner. She asked what we would like. I said not chili because I don't like beans. Only after I said it did I realize that the family sitting at the same table as Sister Naylor was a family that this past week had fed us chili and heard me. It was so awkward. Oh well, they seemed cool with it. :D

Monday we had FHE with the Curtis's it was so sweet! We had each of the kids come up with a question or two about life/the gospel for Elder Christiansen and I to answer. It was such a good lesson they had great questions! I loved answering those questions with Elder Christiansen. It is so nice having a comp that is focused and works with me. It makes life that much more great!

Tuesday we had a meeting with Robert again. He is rather interesting. We found out he believes that Jesus is the human form of the Sun. Yeah so we are probably going to put him on the back burner for now.

Oh and we also had our zone activity last Monday! We had a volleyball tournament. With my ankle I couldn't play but I found the score board controls and with some help got the score board running. That is my favorite job when I can't play I was blessed to still be able to participate! Woohoo!

Tuesday we also had our interviews. I have built such an awesome relationship with President and Sister Chesnut. I feel so close with them. I also found out we will be getting phones before general conference. I will not have to buy one so I will just use one for a bit and learn the tricks of the church apps so I am a pro at them!

Our appointments fell through this week but it's ok! We got in some good service and found a new house in Foothill that is letting us come back this Tuesday! We also Saturday got a referral from YSA that someone in YSA got married to a member. She was already investigating and should be baptized in a couple weeks, but she lives in Washoe so Washoe ward will be doing the baptism! The ward will be so excited they need this! Also a member in Foothill was doing his home teaching and after helped out someone across the street with her recycling bin and ended up giving her a book of Mormon! We are going to stop by soon.

Saturday we helped out with a ward service project. An older couple has a beat up trailer that they want to rent out. They need the income and the person moving in is also in the ward and needs it so it was a double whammy! We got to weed wack and lay some fake tile. I got to wear some incredibly attractive eye goggles for the weed whacking.

Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Hambrecht. He is becoming an awesome missionary! He has been out for almost 3 transfers and he killed it on our exchange. He planned super well and talked to people like a pro!

Pictures to come next week. Something I learned from church is whenever we go to do some kind of service or kind thing we should always think "Is there someone I could invite to come with me?" Love y'all! Don't forget to smile!

Elder Sorochan


No comments:

Post a Comment