Saturday 10 March 2018

Be still and know that I am God

March 5, 2018

Well everyone this week was C R A Z Y . If you think missionaries don't have hard and crazy weeks, well I'm going to tell ya, they do. The week started with on Monday me getting some kind of flu bug and it lasting till Thursday. Wasn't even able to go to District Meeting this Tuesday haha. On Friday the car got damaged and we spent all day dealing with that. That day the weather was terrible and roads were bad. We didn't have a dinner that night though and we had before the incident asked a certain member if we could have dinner with them. Turned out they were able to help us a ton with the car and we were able to get the car towed into Reno for free through their AAA insurance and then they took us to A&W for dinner. Saturday and Sunday were whack because we couldn't go really anywhere because there was snow so no biking and we are so spread out walking is hard. Sunday too one of the church services got cancelled but the other didn't but no one told us about the status of the second one. We were late to church because of it. MISSIONARIES LATE TO CHURCH ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I was so embarrassed but it was fast Sunday and without breakfast my mind doesn't think as well. Plus just the week.

At some point in the week I was wallowing in my difficulty because I sometimes do that and an interesting inspired thought came into my head. The phrase "Be still and know that I am God." I also on Saturday or Sunday watched a video documentary from President Hinckley we have in the house and he talked about that same scripture for himself. It has all still been hard but it is working out. I know His hand is with me and that it is all going to work out.

We met with the Zone Leaders referral. Her name is Chloe and she is getting baptized this Saturday! She is so prepared and normal. That sounds bad but a normal person amongst all the crazy is a blessing and a half sometimes. Her husband Andrew grew up in Washoe Valley so they are going to fit in great!

Well love yall!

Elder Sorochan



No comments:

Post a Comment