Sunday 14 August 2016

Didn't see that one coming


July 25, 2016

Hi! This past week has been good with a very exciting weekend, but to begin I need to give a little bit of a background. Right now during the summer months is the busy time for missionaries coming off their missions and starting them, so there are a LOT of changes going down right now. This transfer we have 19 new missionaries coming into the mission, and we also have 20 missionaries leaving to go home. On top of that we have some missionaries leaving half way through the next transfer for school timing with no missionaries coming in until September AND we have been having a number of missionaries leaving early unexpectedly. This means that we are low on numbers to start, and now with 20 missionaries leaving we are losing a lot of our leadership and are then faced with the dilemma of finding 19 missionaries in the mission who aren't training already to become trainers as well as fill in the now vacant leadership positions.

So long story short, I'm training! I got the call yesterday morning from President Chestnut asking me to train a new missionary so it's going to be very interesting to see how it all goes. I am excited, nervous, happy, a little scared, etc. It's going to be an adventure to say the least. It will be good though. I know that Heavenly Father know's I'm ready to do this. If I wasn't, He wouldn't ask me. I will be heavily relying on Him and prayer. I am praying for the Spirit to really guide me to know how to best do this. I know that as I have faith and be obedient, this will all work out. It's really funny though. The only other English speaking Canadian in the mission also trained after only being in this mission for 6 weeks so apparently it's a thing now.

It was a good week though. This past week on Friday was national hot dog day so there was a deal at a gas station on hot dog's so on Saturday we got some while the deal was still going on. As well the Saturday before this most recent one I think I forgot to mention we did some service at the food pantry. That was fun. As well we did some service for a less active member named Brother Griffiths. We have been working with him for awhile and he is now every now and then coming to church! We sometimes mow his lawn and sometimes go and teach a little lesson to him. He has taken us out to lunch and on Saturday made us breakfast! We had biscuits and gravy and eggs. It was pretty good. We have been having some really powerful lessons lately, but I waited too long to talk about them and am out of time so I will make sure to tell you all about them next week. Sorry! Love you all!

Elder Kynan Sorochan

No comments:

Post a Comment