Tuesday 6 September 2016

Charity

September 5, 2016

Hello! I am so excited to write to you guys! This week has been awesome. Our plans didn't seem to always work, or lessons didn't always go according to plan, but they always worked out. First off, this last Monday with bowling I did the best I have ever done in my life. I scored a 171 and got a turkey (3 strikes in a row). WHAT?!?!?!?!? It was so awesome. Our hike to the waterfall was fun and I will send pics of that next week. I just want to say right now how wonderful this work is, proclaiming the gospel. Ok now to business, some neat experiences from this week.

A few weeks ago we ran into this guy outside Walmart doing this fundraiser thing for Veterans food thingy and was talking to some missionaries in our zone. He flagged us down and started talking to us and asked us if we wanted to donate. Now you see I was in a hurry because we had just booked me a hair cut which was in half and hour and we needed to get our grocery shopping done. He suggested before we replied that we could just get some money after shopping and come give it but I just asked "could I give you a dollar now?" I grabbed my wallet where I only had dollars in my personal money so I grabbed one, gave it to him, and went to leave. He said to wait and that he wanted to feed us. His wife is a member and so this last week we finally had dinner with them. We ate the largest burger of my life. It was soooooooooooo tasty. He has an interesting sense of humor, but we just joked around with him and he really opened up to us. This week we are doing service with him and we see if he is up for some legitimate lessons. He is a really great guy and has had missionaries over before. I think we can help him make some progress. His name is Bro. Larkins.

Now update on Brenda. This week we taught her the plan of salvation and tithing. She is so awesome. After just explaining what tithing is she immediately wanted to be paying it. She is just so great! We took her to the Why I Believe fireside which is a fireside arranged by missionaries where recent converts and returning members bear their testimonies. We needed a ride since it was in Carson and we felt prompted to ask a member, Bro. Crosby, to take us. He was available and while there he ran into 2 or 3 people that in the past he had tried to help return to the church. They were in the crowd and are returning! Plus a co-worker's mom talked since she was just baptized a little while ago. He was super grateful to have come. Brenda of course loved it. She is just learning like mad. She is such a blessing to have found.

This last week I have really been working on loving and being filled with Charity. As you can tell, it is continuing to strengthen my positive attitude while being out here. I love my companion, I love the people here, and I love missionary work. Any problem that comes up, if I try to have faith, hope, patience, and charity, I am able to turn it around. I am not as tired. I am able to deal with more and not be as stressed. This is just all working out. I love doing this missionary work. Now for all of you who read these emails, I hope you like them and they are helping you. If you have any questions, comments, criticisms, concerns, or anything else beginning with the letter c, please email me. kynan.sorochan@myldsmail.net

Love you all!

Elder Kynan Sorochan

No comments:

Post a Comment