Monday 19 September 2016

They like to give us Food here

Monday September 12, 2016


Hey everyone I'm back! Hope you have all had a great week! It has been a very good week here with lots of learning. And food as the title implies. Let's see where to begin? Let's go with the funny story first.
On Thursday while we were waiting to meet with Mark we went around street contacting with some tracting thrown in there. One door we knocked on had the inside door open. We thought "awesome! They are home!" Well when we knocked on the door this girl runs across the view we have of the inside. Great, people! We waited about 10 seconds after that with no one coming to the door. We then heard a loud whisper from inside that said "hide! hide!". Elder Jones and I looked at each other, then left. We laughed. People will always do weird things when it comes to missionaries.

Ok first, we got to do some service for Chuck this week. We worked on the car I told you guys about which was fun. He has some issues with faith so while we did work on the car Elder Jones and I came up with some Book of Mormon chapters to give him to read. He asked for them I think. Or was very interested in having them. He has read the Book of Mormon twice in the past so we hope that we can help him feel the Spirit from his reading. We are building an image of obedient missionaries with him and Carol so we will see how it goes. He is very friendly and likes us, so I hope that we can help him along.

Bro. Larkins this week texted us to take us up on our offer of service. We unloaded this gigantic u-haul truck full of food into a storage shed. He let us grab stuff we wanted as we took it out. We got so many goodies it's not even funny. And with all the stuff we took we didn't even come close to making a dent in all the food that was donated to him. It was awesome! He is really becoming friendly to us. We really hope we can start having lessons with him soon. He is such a great person and so fun to be around. It would be amazing to teach him. He knows aikido (sp?) which is this japanese martial arts. It is so neat I want to learn it when I get home. Look up some stuff on youtube. It will be just as cool and a lot less painful than him lightly demonstrating some stuff on us.

Brenda is still killing it. She is just trying to do everything by the Gospel. We had a discussion on just some life things that she is going through right now and she is trying to figure out what God would have her do rather than what she would maybe want to do. I just love this woman! She is just fantastic in the Gospel. Everyone be like Brenda. (oh and she wants to have us over for dinner too.)

We got to have dinner with these non members Jeff and Jennifer. They spoiled us as you can see in the photos. In the Top 3 dinners on the mission so far. They are really great people. We stop by every couple weeks and share scriptures and have a good gospel discussion. They aren't really people who will progress so we don't go by very much but they will one day so we keep contact. They slowly however seem to have their faith growing. They are asking more and more questions and as we try to testify boldly they are receptive or at least listen.

I continue to be gaining Charity. I have been learning this week how to have more Charity for my companion. I haven't always been the best when it comes to being his friend like I should, but as I have prayed for charity I have seen where I have done not so well and have improved. Elder Jones and I are becoming great friends and I am so happy to be serving with him. Have a great week everyone!

Love you!

Elder Kynan Sorochan

No comments:

Post a Comment