Monday 6 February 2017

The Miracle of the Piano

February 4, 2017

Well hello everyone! It's been a good week with some good updates for y'all. First off we had Zone Conference this week! It was a really fun Zone Conference. We had a good training on planning in 30 minutes where Elder Lyman did an example of how to be counterproductive. It happened with him having Preach My Gospel, the scriptures, and the DVD player around him. He then proceeded to eat cereal and brush his teeth at the same time. It was awesome. I had a cool miracle for Zone Conference too. They needed someone to play the piano, but I was the only one who said yes to doing it, and I didn't know one of the songs and only knew the other a little bit. The one I didn't know how to play was Onward Christian Soldiers and the one I knew a bit was Praise to the Man. I got asked on Monday near the end of the day and was given permission to practice during proselyting time. That left we Tuesday and Wednesday to learn the two songs. I ended up having only about 3 and a half hours of practice between the two days to learn two long tricky hymns. I wanted to help and do it so I said a prayer and went and PRACTICED! I have never practiced the piano with such focus and diligence before, but I knew that if I worked hard God would make up the rest. It worked! I learned the songs and did a good job playing on Thursday! I didn't really stress about it because I knew that God would help me as I worked hard. It was awesome!

We had a really spiritual lesson again with Yvonne. We read over some of Alma 32 and the Spirit is really building her desire to act. The Spirit also taught us that she really loves feeling the Spirit and that is one of the big reasons she keeps having us come. When we were weekly planning for her I felt a strong prompting on what we should teach her which was neat.

I love my ward. I really realized that yesterday. Things here aren't easy, but I have really come to just love it here and I would love to be here for a long time. These are my people. They are my brothers and sisters. I love their qwerks and their strengths. I love it here in Sparks and I love serving the Lord. Keep reading your scriptures, saying your prayers, and going to church everyone!

Love,
Elder Kynan Sorochan

 Ties from Momma Williams

 At Zone Conference

 Zone Conference

Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment