Sunday 26 March 2017

A great Zone Conference!

March 20, 2017

Hello Everyone! This week was a really good week, and I am mostly going to talk about Zone Conference since that was the big thing of the week! To start it begins Tuesday night. We combined with the Quincy Zone for Zone Conference. They are in the California part of our mission which covers Quincy and Susanville. Susanville for those who don't know has a federal prison. There's your fun fact of the day. Anyway Elder McKenna (for those of you who may be new to the blog he was my trainer) is currently serving in that zone, and the missionaries came down Tuesday night and stayed with some of the Elder's here in Sparks. We asked the assistants to have him come stay with us. We have really good assistants who know how to have fun and be obedient, so they arranged it which was really nice. I haven't really gotten to see or talk to him since we were together and at the Christmas Party.

Ok next the fun parts first. Every other Zone Conference we have vehicle inspection, but obviously we don't have a car. We had a fun idea of making a bicycle inspection report for our bikes like the cars have, but we didn't finish it in time. However, there is a perk. If you have one of the best cleaned cars, you win a 10$ Walmart gift card. Biking area's get automatically entered in and we got drawn to win the biking area gift card! We got some pens, horchata, and chocolate milk with it!

I twisted my ankle playing nine square. That was fun. Jumped up and came down on it wrong. First time in my life. I'M NOT OLD, I'M ONLY 20!!!!! THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME YET :D

Ok now for the amazing part. At the beginning of District Meetings someone is asked to come up and teach a principle from one of the first 3 lessons in Preach My Gospel. It is a really fun activity, but I have never been asked to come and teach. However, President while in Zone Conference decided to do this activity and he asked Elder Kunz to pick someone to teach. Since I've never done it before, it only seems right that out of the other 30 missionaries there, I would be the one to get picked. The principle chosen was Jesus Christ's Earthly Ministry and Atonement. I got up and was pretty nervous. I haven't taught this too much yet on my mission. I have studied it multiple times, but teaching all the Doctrine in front of everyone was pretty nerve racking. I got up and was nervous, but when I got to the front, I just kinda in my mind said, "Alright, here we go" and just went into it. It was neat. I felt like it was my own thoughts and idea's of what to say and teach, but it flowed very natural. I was remembering everything just when I needed to. It felt very last second, but I remembered. My favorite part was teaching/testifying of the Atonement at the end. I tried to put my love for the Atonement and my Savior into my words. It was an exhilarating experience, and I loved it. After President came, put his arm around me, and told me that I had taught every point of doctrine he had written down in his Preach My Gospel. He was very happy with my teaching! It was very powerful and a great memory.

I am out of time, but will tell more about some of the neat things that happened this week in next weeks email. I will give myself more time. Love you family! Love you friends!

Elder Sorochan


My sprained ankle :( 


Me and Elder McKenna


Our attempted family photo. In the middle is Elder McKenna who was trained by Elder Fordham. To his right is Elder Anderson, who was also trained by Elder Fordham. To the right of Elder Anderson is his current greenie, Elder Kunz. To the Left of Elder McKenna is his two trainee's Elder Nye and myself. (I'm the favorite :D)

Pday dinner 


A weird tree in someone's yard 


Sparks zone


No comments:

Post a Comment