Tuesday 6 June 2017

Piano Miracle #2

June 5, 2017

Hey y'all I'm back. Another neat piano miracle from another Zone Conference occurred this week, but not exactly in the way you might think. The two songs I was asked to play was 270 I'll go where you want me to go and 243 let us all press on. The first one I already knew but the second one I had to learn. I had about 3 weeks to learn so I did a little on PDAY's and before and after District Meeting and some during the time we called and texted people on the phone. However, I was just not getting it for some reason. Usually I can get any song down but this one just wouldn't get good enough to play while people sing. The night before even I played it for the youth in opening exercises and I failed miserably. I was so nervous to play this Friday and I just knew I would fail. Fortunately for me the opening song was 270 and I did fine but then the end of the conference came. At the end of our conferences we have a testimony meeting. At the end of it I went up to the piano thinking "well here we go", but then President went up. Our meeting had gone long and since the people from Winnemucca needed to go back to make their appointments on time since it is an almost 2 hour drive, President announced that we would not be singing the song and we would go straight to the prayer. I WAS SO RELIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried and the Lord provided.

This week was neat and hot. Lots of just stop by's. Our appointments didn't go through like we planned, but we always stayed productive! Once we helped a less active set up a LDS account to do family history, we saw a part member family where the husband isn't interested, but had good conversation and talked about family history. We got to have dinner with an inactive man and his son this week. The son was really funny. He is in 4th grade and very much wanted to impress us with how smart he is. He told us no one ever knows what he means by an Urban Vector. Fun fact, it means rat. Probably just saw my old little me from back in the day. I was such a punk!

I had an interesting experience on Sunday. I was getting ready and I started to think about humility. Elder Clark has been a great example to me of humility and I was for some reason struggling to want to be humble in certain ways. Then I got thinking though, why wouldn't I want to be humble? Why would I want to be prideful? There is no happiness in that, there is no joy, just annoyance and sadness. I can never get what I want. If I want to become more like Christ, why do I have the urge or desire not to be humble? I made a resolve in my mind to just give the pride I was feeling up! It's not worth it. It doesn't help me be happy! Instead I can be as it says in Moroni 7:45 "And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." Doing the opposite of this just makes us unhappy. Why do it? What's the point? Being right? Being better? That doesn't bring us joy. It just leaves us empty and wishing for more of what doesn't fill. Let us stop chasing that which never leaves us happy. Let us let go of desires that make us mad and angry. Let us just stop and see what comes when we have charity and all that comes with it. The joy and comfort and peace that entail it will do more for us than anything else, and the Spirit will then be able to be more in our lives.

Love you all!

Elder Sorochan


 Elder Clark getting ready to play mini hockey

 Elder Sorochan and Elder Latham





No comments:

Post a Comment