Wednesday 23 August 2017

Piano Parable

August 21, 2017

Hello everyone! To be honest, not a ton happened this week. What we did have fell through and what we tried just didn't seem to work. Weeks happen that are like that. Elder Lee has been having a really good attitude about it all though he is good and focusing on the positive and taking things as they come. He is a great companion. Love having him. Tad odd at times, but look who's talking.

Ok some cool things. I had to get something done on my bike which was good but it wrecked an afternoon because they were super busy and couldn't do the minor thing quick so we had to call 5th ward, have them come pick us up, borrow Elder Johnsons bike, and then drive us over to Brother Norton's to fill the tires and that took a long time but it all worked out my bike is good.

We ended up giving Robin a blessing yesterday. She is in the hospital and her member friend Mary-Anne was there and asked if we could come over. There are so many obsticals right now for her and she just wants to be baptized. Mary-Anne's home teacher drove us over because oh yeah fun fact I lost my car again this week. I am really good at that it seems :D It was a great blessing and promised her how she will be able to gain the testimony she needs to be baptized!

I also yesterday got to play the piano in sacrament meeting. I did In Humility Our Savior. I want to use the experience as a parable. In life we try and prepare in a lot of things but often don't feel like we are good enough or won't be able to do well enough. When I perform on the piano I always get very nervous and my hands feel limp, I don't breath very much, and I over think everything I play. I had practiced enough for this and felt confident but was still very nervous about how it would turn out. I prayed that I would be able to play well and when I got up, the nervous conditions I mentioned didn't go away, but my mind was able to focus well enough in a way that I hardly made any mistakes. I had a lot of preparation as I played every morning this week and for fun I have played it at times on PDAY. If we just use our talents in casual times we will be ready to use them in more serious times.
My performance was great and I was very happy with how it turned out. Through my weaknesses my efforts were magnified to be great. That is how it is in life! We often won't lose our weaknesses, but our efforts will be magnified through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love Him and this work!

Love you all! Love you Mom Dad and Anna!

Elder Kynan Sorochan




No comments:

Post a Comment