Thursday 2 November 2017

Pinky Promise

October 30, 2017

Well hello!

This week was a good week. There were a couple days that I just zonked out when we got in I just could not stay awake. It's hard for me to not let myself get stressed sometimes, but fortunately after I go through little bouts of stress I realize what's going on and can learn how to let go. It's always a bit of a different situation so it is a learning experience which I am very grateful for.

Pday was short last week because we got to go to the temple. That was so great to get to go! It's such a nice place to relax and feel the Spirit! Love that place.

We had two lessons with Doug this week actually. First on Tuesday and second on Thursday. Tuesday was cool because that morning I felt like we needed to change the lesson plan and it turned out to coincide with answering part of his concern. He is having trouble overcoming the fact that there is one true church. This time we were able to talk about temples and the work in them to tell him about how everyone has the chance to accept the gospel. We didn't get to talk as much about it because he and his wife and the members we bring are very good at going off on tangents. It's all good though.

I had exchanges with Elder Maiava. They were fun. Met with a less active who told us his story and explained where he is at. He isn't ready to come back yet but he was very open which made our life so much easier! I will get picturres with these people this transfer because today is transfers and the district is hardly changing. No elder moves it's great!

Got to go to the Pyramid Lake trunk or treat! There was a magician and I was the Bible! Elder Doig is obviously to Book of Mormon it was so fun. Tons of people took our picture. Solid!

Had the why I believe fireside and had Daneil come. He is a recent convert from Reno that moved into our area. He is super cool. He is black! There is so little diversity here!

Ok, well, I know this wasn't great, but today I needed to chill sorry. Next week will have more effort. Pinky promise.

Love y'all!
Elder Sorochan

 Emailing at the library

 At the temple

 At the temple

 At the temple

 Ward Halloween party

  Ward Halloween party

 Zone activity carving pumpkins

 Zone activity carving pumpkins

 Ours in a moose!  Cause we're both Canadians!

Elder Sorochan and Elder Doig


No comments:

Post a Comment